Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Claims Department for a Claims Representative I.
Auto Claims Representative I – Waterloo, ON or Berwick, NS
What you will do…
- Manage a caseload of claims for customers across Ontario and Nova Scotia from our office in Waterloo ON or New Minas NS.
- Co-ordinate the services of repair shops, rental vendors, and appraisers where necessary.
- Identify Claims where injuries to our client or Third Parties have occurred.
- Ensure that claims are adjusted to the service standards and protocols established by Heartland Insurance.
- Maintain fully documented claims files. Record and store documents to support file activity, and document action plans to support the file direction.
- Ensure that claims losses are mitigated appropriately for Heartland and our client.
- Develop strong customer, broker and vendor relationships through personal accountability.
- Maintain a diary system to ensure completion of outstanding tasks remains on track.
What you will bring…
- Minimum of 1 year of prior multi-line or auto PD claims adjusting experience is an asset.
- CIP designation or willing to pursue.
- Good understanding of Ontario Automobile Policy and Nova Scotia Automobile Policy wordings.
- Proficient with adjustment practices for most common types of entry-level auto claims.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, as well as working independently.
- Must be able to work in office from Waterloo ON or New Minas NS 3 days per week
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.