Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Claims Department for an AB Claims Assistant.
AB Claims Assistant – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
- Sets up new AB claims in the Conversense and IBS systems.
- Makes initial claimant contact for most new AB claims, following interview guidelines and provides application forms to potential claimants.
- Monitors HCAI system to match adjusters to submissions.
- Co-ordinates arrangements and medical records for independent medical assessments.
- Orders MVR and Autoplus reports.
- Assists with the completion of Reporting Forms for FMRP for new claim notification.
- Screens open files weekly for Benefit Statement issuance.
- Reproduces file material upon request for legal referrals and reinsurer updates.
- Assists with AB payments, AB mail sorting or other clerical support as required.
- Performs backup for the claims support group for catastrophic weather events or other emergency situations for new claims and phone enquiries.
What you will bring…
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and policy management systems.
- Prior experience in customer service and office support roles.
- Post-secondary education in business administration, office management, or equivalent experience.
- Well defined organization skills, ability to multi-task and keen attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to handle high call volumes during peak periods.
- Previous experience in an insurance agent’s office, insurance brokerage or claims department is a definite asset.
- Successful completion of the Insurance Essentials certificate is preferred.
What we offer….
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.