Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strives to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Human Resources Department for a Human Resources Generalist (Mat Leave Contract).
Human Resources Generalist (Mat Leave Contract) – Waterloo, Ontario
We are looking for an applicant to cover a 12-month maternity leave. This role handles the day-to-day operations of a human resources function and the administration of human resources policies, programs, protocols and procedures. This also includes recruitment and assisting with performance management and improvement systems where necessary.
The position helps to ensure regulatory compliance and reporting remain up-to-date and is tasked with employee orientation, development, and implementation of new employee training programs and initiatives. The position contributes to policy development and documentation and assists with relationship management between employees and the company. The position may originate and lead human resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture and also advise company managers on human resources-related issues.
What you will do…
Human Resources Support
- Provide timely assistance to employees regarding benefit and human resource questions and issues
- Coordinating employee benefit eligibility, enrollments, terminations and payments
- Maintaining attendance records
- Updating job descriptions as needed
- Assisting in the development and improvement of policies and procedures by providing research for policies, training, strategic planning and other human resource issues
- Assisting in the preparation of social events, such as the Service Recognition Program and other company gatherings
- Assisting with additional projects, as assigned
Recruitment and Selection
- Lead the recruitment and selection process including
- Writing and placing employment ads
- Maintaining a secure applicant tracking database, reviewing, screening, and maintaining applications and resumes
- Participating in the selection process and decision as required
Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Support a high-performance culture that increases employee engagement.
- Coordinating annual performance review process.
- Provide primary support on employee relations matters and compliance issues.
- Advise leaders on human resources-related issues
- Support change management in organizational initiatives.
- Manage, prepare, coordinate, and conduct employee surveys including engagement surveys.
- Conduct exit interviews, focus group discussions and similar initiatives.
- Assist in the evaluation of surveys and in the related action planning.
- Assisting in the creation and updating of training manuals and HR policies
- Coordinate all aspects of employee training
- Coordinating and conducting new hire orientation meetings
What you will bring…
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Human Resources
- A Bachelors degree in a related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.