Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strives to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Junior Network Administrator – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
Network Configuration and Maintenance:
- Configure and maintain network devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, and access points.
- Ensure proper network segmentation and VLAN configurations.
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot issues, and perform necessary updates and patches.
Azure and Office 365 Administration:
- Manage Azure resources and services, including virtual machines, virtual networks, azure backups, and storage accounts.
- Administer Office 365 services, including Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, and other applications.
Veeam Backup and Recovery:
- Set up and configure Veeam Backup and Replication for data protection.
- Perform regular backups, test restores, and manage backup schedules.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement and manage security policies, including firewall rules, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and access controls.
- Monitor and respond to security incidents, including malware detection and removal.
Microsoft Defender (Endpoint Protection):
- Configure and manage Microsoft Defender for endpoint security.
- Monitor and respond to security alerts and incidents generated by Defender.
- Administer Microsoft Intune for mobile device management (MDM) and endpoint security.
- Implement and enforce security policies for devices, applications, and data.
Fortinet Firewall Management:
- Configure, manage and maintain Fortinet firewalls to ensure network security.
- Monitor firewall logs and respond to security events.
SOC Security Monitoring:
- Monitor security alerts generated by eSentire for potential threats.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents.
- Provide support for various applications used within the organization, including troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal teams for application deployment, updates, and integrations.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of network configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Generate reports on network performance, security incidents, and compliance status.
User Support and Training:
- Provide technical support to end-users for network-related issues.
- Conduct training sessions or create documentation to educate users on network best practices.
Disaster Recovery Planning:
- Assist in the development and testing of disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Ensure that backup and recovery strategies are in place and effective.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with other teams, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the network.
- Communicate effectively with team members and end-users regarding network-related matters.
What you will bring….
As our ideal candidate, you are a dedicated professional who thrives in a busy work environment and remains calm under pressure. You are a team player who easily adapts to change, and you apply your problem-management skills to solve problems methodically and logically on a timely basis.
- College diploma in a related field or equivalent training/experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in network/system administration
- Proficiency in Azure, Office 365, Veeam, Microsoft Defender, Intune, Fortinet, and other relevant technologies
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices including Incident and Change Management.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, security, and best practices.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. With our in-office work model, you get the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.