Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strives to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our IT Department for a Manager, IT Platforms and Cybersecurity.
Manager, IT Platforms and Cybersecurity – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
- Lead a team of Network, Cloud, & Security Engineers, and Network Analysts.
- Through a combination of recruiting and development, continuously ensure the team
contains the correct mix of skills and knowledge to handle an evolving variety of activities
with an ability to scale as necessary.
- Using leadership techniques such as continuous feedback, performance management,
career development, and recognition, create and maintain a high-performing team.
- Establish and oversee processes for capacity planning for all roles, including the internal
team and third-party service providers.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, regularly meet to discuss corporate initiatives, ensure
alignment across departments, and participate in developing engagement across the
Planning & Process
- Ensure internal service levels for performance and availability of platforms and applications
are tracked and consistently achieved.
- Establish and manage a process for IT Asset Management that ensures all technology assets
are effectively tracked, deployed, maintained, upgrades, and disposed of.
- Align IT platform Incident and Change Management processes with the overall ITSM
- Provide visibility into all processes and activities around both IT Platforms and
- Review contracts, SOWs, and invoices, and contribute to the development and management
of the IT budget.
- Guide processes for assessing cost and value for IT investment such as business cases and
cost benefit analysis.
- Understand the IT platforms market, practices, and products, in order to propose
opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive growth.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for platforms that incorporates IT Infrastructure Lifecycle
Management, performance, resilience, and positions for growth as required.
- Ensure design and implementation for network, cloud, applications are appropriate for
current and future needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding cloud and security tools, applications, and
- Select and manage third-party service providers to ensure expectations for scope, quality, performance, and cost are consistently met.
- Oversee the execution of the Cybersecurity roadmap, providing updates on progress and tracking changes in Heartland’s cyber risk and security posture.
- Guide the activities and outcomes of the Cyber Risk Framework, including measurement against industry guidelines.
- Promote Cybersecurity awareness throughout the organization, spreading knowledge of threats, best practices, and effective use of training tools.
- Plan and execute cyber and resilience activities including tabletop exercises, DR tests, and penetration tests.
- Manage MDR and SIEM services to ensure continuous detection and response capabilities and comprehensive logging to enable investigation and containment.
- Develop and operate IAM tools and processes to manage digital identities, control access, streamline onboarding, offboarding, and role changes, and inform access audits.
- Establish and execute processes for security events that focus on immediate response, investigation, containment, reporting, and continuous improvement.
What you will bring….
- University degree (Computer Science or a related discipline).
- 10+ years in relevant Technology roles.
- 5+ years in leadership roles.
- Strong knowledge of Network and Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Application Management.
- Experience in Vendor Management.
- Experience in leading projects and successfully delivering results.
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity frameworks, tools, and best practices.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in Insurance Technology an asset.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. With our in-office work model, you get the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.