Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strives to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our IT Department for a Manager, Solution Delivery and Support.
Manager, Solution Delivery and Support – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
- Lead a team of Solution Leads, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Service Desk Analysts.
- Through a combination of recruiting and development, continuously ensure the team contains the correct mix of skills and knowledge to handle an evolving variety of activities with an ability to scale.
- Using leadership techniques such as continuous feedback, performance management, career development, and recognition create and maintain a high-performing team.
- Establish and oversee processes for capacity planning for all roles, including the internal team and third-party service providers.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, regularly meet to discuss corporate initiatives, ensure alignment across departments, and participate in developing engagement across the organization.
- Understand the Insurance Technology market, practices, products, and opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive growth.
- Establish and manage a technology roadmap that aligns organizational strategies with features and enhancements.
- Provide oversight of technical design, code quality and security, reusability, and management of technical debt.
- Guide the management of the Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Create a culture and provide opportunities to explore and implement innovative solutions.
- Evaluate and introduce, where appropriate, emerging technologies such as AI and RPA.
- Establish and oversee processes for Portfolio Management, Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management that balance the need for governance with the size and pace of the organization.
- Establish and oversee processes for Quality Assurance, including test coverage analysis, test automation, traceability, and continuous improvement.
- Develop a requirements management process that consistently and effectively captures the intended outcome, translates it into actionable tasks, and ensures that stakeholder expectations are met.
- Provide visibility into all processes and activities around both solution delivery and support.
- Guide processes for assessing cost and value for IT investment using tolls such a business case or cost benefit analysis.
- Review contracts, SOWs, and invoices, and contribute to the development and management of the IT budget.
Operations & Support
- Establish a Service Desk and to provide a unified and responsive level 1 support to employees, brokers, and customers.
- Select and manage third-party service providers to ensure expectations for scope, quality, performance, and cost are consistently met.
- Establish, track, and report on service levels related to quality, incidents & problems, and performance.
- Establish, track, and report on service levels related to standard changes and service requests.
- Establish processes to review incidents, problems, and defects and provide a feedback loop for continuous improvement.
What you will bring….
- University degree (Computer Science or a related discipline).
- 10+ years in relevant Technology roles.
- 5+ years in leadership roles.
- Experience in for Portfolio Management, Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management.
- Experience in Vendor Management.
- Experience in Business Analysis and/or Product Management.
- Experience in Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in Insurance Technology an asset.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. With our in-office work model, you get the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.