Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Direct Sales Department for a P&C Insurance Agent.
P&C Insurance Agent – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
You will create new business opportunities using developed networks and build a sales pipeline to meet and exceed sales goals. You will service a portfolio of Auto, Home, Commercial and Farm Insurance businesses requiring a proven underwriting ability and a dedication to customer service perfection. You will provide the best possible protection for policyholders by advising them to make informed choices and answering product questions.
What you will bring…
- 5 years of property & casualty underwriting or Broker
- Ability to analyze auto and home customer needs, promote products and services and suggest choices and innovative solutions.
- Very strong communication, sales and customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently and under pressure
- This position requires the successful candidate to visit clients and have a valid driver’s license.
- OTL Agent License or RIBO Broker License is an asset or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (assistance provided)
- Familiarity with PowerBroker or other Industry Management systems is an asset.
What we offer
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.