Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Underwriting Department for a Senior Commercial Underwriter.
Senior Commercial Underwriter – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
- Underwrite new business, renewals and endorsements according to established underwriting guidelines.
- Develop appropriate solutions for complex underwriting problems.
- Develop, maintain and manage positive broker relationships, including broker visits as required.
- Respond to broker requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Rating/pricing of complex commercial risks using sound underwriting judgement.
- Participate in production calls on agents/brokerage offices, as required.
- Act as coach and mentor to junior underwriting staff.
What you will bring….
- 5 years of property & casualty insurance underwriting experience.
- CIP and post-secondary education or University degree in business with partial completion of CIP designation.
- FCIP or CRM is an asset.
- Exposure to large agribusiness accounts is preferred.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.