Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Finance Department for a Finance Representative.
Finance Representative – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do…
- Dealing directly with both internal and external customers to ensure premiums are received in an efficient and timely manner
- Applying payments received via online banking, credit card and cheques
- Attending to broker and insured inquiries via email and telephone
- Processing policy changes regarding billing methods
- Assist with other Finance tasks as required
What you will bring…
- A high school diploma is required. A college diploma in Business and/or Accounting is preferred
- Fluency in English with excellent written, oral and telephone communication skills
- Well organized and has an affinity for numbers
- Successful experience in a customer service environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential
- Maintain professional standards in stressful situations in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.