Senior AB Claims Representative – Waterloo, Ontario
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strives to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Claims Department for a Senior AB Claims Representative.
What you will do…
- Effectively adjudicate a caseload of complex injury cases including catastrophic impairment in accordance with the SABS.
- Provide mentorship to junior and intermediate staff.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the ADR and independently handle LAT case conferences.
- Ability to provide direction to defence council.
- Maintain file records and documents in a paperless work environment.
- Monitor reserve adequacy in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure the daily claims procedures and best practices conform to legal, regulatory and privacy obligations.
- Deal with claimants and legal representatives in a courteous and professional manner.
- Develop strong customer relationships through professional accountability.
What you will bring…
- 8+ years handling AB claims with extensive catastrophic file handling.
- Prior adjusting experience in an auto PD role.
- A solid understanding of the OAP 1 and the Ontario SABS.
- College diploma or a post-secondary certificate.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- CIP or enrolment in the program is preferred.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.