Senior Data Analyst – Waterloo, Ontario
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Analytics Department for a Senior Data Analyst.
What you will do…
- Design, create, test and implement ETL programs from our insurance systems to our Analytics databases. These include transactional, in force, new business, quote, claims, billing and experience datamarts.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure the data warehouses are maintained in an efficient and high-quality manner.
- Data investigation, analysis and execution on more complex ad hoc data requests.
- System testing for rate changes.
What you will bring…
- University degree (Computer Science, Data Science or a related discipline).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a data analysis role, preferably with P&C insurance exposure or a significant educational background in a related discipline.
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL and Database Design concepts.
- Knowledge of Guidewire and P&C insurance is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.